Dr. Smith is quoted in a recent feature article in C&EN News. The article describes a new wave of research to better characterize how lipids influence membrane protein structure and function.
Credit: Cedric Govaerts
Link to website (paywall): http://cen.acs.org/articles/95/i9/Lipids-affect-function-membrane-proteins.html
Link to PDF: Lipids affect the function of membrane proteins February 27, 2017
Our group was well represented at the BPS meeting this year. Roger was selected for a platform talk, and Li and Will gave excellent poster presentations.
Our recently accepted paper was featured on the cover of Biochemistry.
In anticipation of applying for tenure next year, Dr. Smith has increased his travel schedule. Below are a list of locations and dates of 2016-2017 academic year presentations:
- July 26, 2016 – SBCB Seminar, Department of Biochemistry, Oxford University, UK
- Sept 22, 2016 – Physics Department Seminar, Wayne State University
- Oct 11, 2016 – Interdisciplinary Research Seminar, Institute for Biophysical Dynamics, University of Chicago
- Oct 24, 2016 – Chemistry Department Seminar, Emory University
- Oct 27, 2016 – Chemistry Department Seminar, Case Western Reserve University
- Nov 11, 2016 – Chemistry Department Seminar, Penn State University
- Nov 30, 2016 – Chemistry Department Seminar, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Feb 8, 2017 – Biophysics Colloquium, Cornell University
- Mar 10, 2017 – Biophysics Seminar, University of Michigan
- Mar 30, 2017 – Chemistry Department Seminar, University of Pennsylvania
- Apr 4, 2017 – ACS National Meeting, San Francisco
- Jun 5, 2017 – Gordon Research Conference on Membrane Protein Folding